Adam McKenna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [...]
> Computers are technological.  If someone doesn't have a computer, they won't
> be able to read the copy I give them. Does that mean that the GFDL obligates
> me to buy everyone in the world a computer? [...]

Only if you are arguing that the FDL clause's meaning of technological
measures is different to the law's meaning. In that case, the clause is
a lawyerbomb rather than clearly failing DFSG and I still dislike it.

> Access controls only control who has access to a copy.  They don't control
> who can make a copy.  Only a current owner of a copy can make a copy.

So the users of my machines are taking ownership of my original data now,
or am I giving them copies by letting them use my computer, or what?

--
MJR/slef