Raul Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> It's not clear to me that the GFDL prohibits DRM where
> a parallel distribution mechanism is guaranteed to be available.

The copying to the DRM-controlled media seems expressly prohibited.

> If free parallel distribution is guaranteed to be available,
> relevant, and convenient, it's not clear to me how any technical
> measures could be said to be controlling the copying or reading
> of the material.

The troublesome clause of the FDL says "of the copies" not "of the
material". Please try to use the licence, not random translations.
If the licence is worded incorrectly, that is still a problem that
needs fixing.

> Anyways, what "field of use" is it that specifically concerns itself
> with limiting other people's rights to make copies of software?

Use on DRM-only devices. Isn't a licence which effectively says
"you may not use this on $CLASS_OF_DEVICES" failing DFSG?

--
MJR/slef