This one time, at band camp, Matthew Palmer said:
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 02:35:28PM +0200, Wolfgang Lonien wrote:
> >
> > THIS SOFTWARE IS NOT FAULT TOLERANT AND SHOULD NOT BE USED IN ANY
> > SITUATION ENDANGERING HUMAN LIFE OR PROPERTY.
>
> This is possibly problematic, depending on how you define "should".  I'd
> take it as just being a restatement of the whole "no warranty, if it breaks
> you get to keep both pieces" thing, but it could be read as forbidding use
> in the mentioned areas.

The word 'should' has a fairly straight forward meaning in the English
language.  This does not present a problem, as far as I can see.  It is
substantively no different from the standard:

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.

It is a disclaimer telling you they take no responsibility if you use it
in a situation that endagers human life or property.  No problem.
|  : :' :                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED] |