This one time, at band camp, Walter Landry said:
> Stephen Gran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > This one time, at band camp, Walter Landry said:
> >
> > I just think that when a list is asked a question in it's capacity as
> > arbiters of licenses for Debian, it is unhelpful to the OP to respond
> > with an answer based on personal feelings that conflict with what is so
> > clearly laid out in the DFSG.
>
> Debian-legal often gives advice beyond what is required.  For example,
> the DFSG says nothing about license proliferation.  Would you have
> debian-legal refrain from telling people to use standard licenses?
>
> It is not like the original response ("Accepted but unpopular") was
> incorrect.  It is accepted, but it is also unpopular.

Since the original question was (quoted above) about what the current
policy is, it is disingenuous at best to pretend that it is anything but
whole heartedly supported.  If you have personal issues with the
license, feel free to express them as an individual, just don't try to
misrepresent those opinions as the opinions of Debian.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ grep -i landry /var/lib/apt/lists/*
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$

Maybe the problem here is that you haven't agreed to follow the DFSG?
The post I was responding to was from someone who has, and was abusing
their position as a representative of Debian in an official capacity as
arbiter of acceptable licenses for Debian.  If you, as a private netizen,
have problems with the 4 clause BSD license, that's fine.  Just please
represent your opinions as your opinions.
|  : :' :                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED] |