Le vendredi 22 janvier 2010 à 21:37 +1100, Ben Finney a écrit :

As already said, the rest is very similar to a 4-clause BSD.

> ##  5. Any commercial, public or published work that uses this data      ##
> ##     must contain a clearly visible acknowledgment as to the           ##
> ##     provenance of the data.                                           ##

In the spirit it’s very similar to the advertising clause, but it’s at
the same time more broad in the application, and more vague in what is
required.

For example, what is required for someone who sells Debian CDs
containing this data? Should the acknowledgment go into the package
descriptions? In the documentation? On the CD itself?

I’d be more confortable with shipping this in Debian if the clause was
more clear; or at least, if it was asking to refer to the data only in
relevant places.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette