Le dimanche 06 mars 2011 à 12:43 +0100, Bruno Lowagie a écrit :
> I'm confronted with a very special case for which I've written a
> metaphor. I'd like your opinion on this case.

This is not a metaphor. It is about something that is not software, for
which you try to apply software reasoning. I fail to see where you want
to go with this.

> Now suppose that nuts are part of the ingredients list of the recipe
> created by Company A. To protect cookie consumers, Company A adds an
> extra term to the AGPL: as long as there are traces of nuts down the
> production line, all products that may contain traces of nuts must
> retain the notice "may contain traces of nuts".

Copyright (and copyleft) isn’t here to protect consumers, it is here to
protect your intellectual property.

This kind of protection should be provided by law. In many countries
there a rule that forces resellers to warn consumers when there are
traces of nuts in their products. You can’t take the place of such a law
by using your copyright license as a vessel.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :