On 15/01/15 23:39, Guilherme Brondani Torri wrote:
Thank you Walter.

Perhaps I should be more specific about the usage of the headers.

The included headers are distributed verbatim. The headers are included verbatim (stored as a constant string) into the binary. The headers provide physical constants and physical concepts to a model compiler. In case the user does not have a set of headers of his own, the binary spits out the verbatim copy to allow the model to be processed. In other words, the user has rights over the LGPL portion and can bypass the non-LGPL pass if he/she wishes to. (...)

So it seems it is not an integral part of the compiler, just a handy hardcoded value. I would change the compiler (preferably at upstream) to read those entries from individual files at /usr/share/ if not provided by the user. Put a package with just those files in non-free. If the compiler AND the user didn't provide those AND those default files don't exist (non-free pkg not installed), abort with a message explaining what they need.

If not I will think about ways not to anger and frustrate the users offering a tool that does not work out of the box.
As I understand it, the compiler _could_ work without those headers (assuming the unlikely case that the user had them himself). Otherwise, it can live in contrib and depend on the non-free package.