Justin Pryzby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Package: lintian
> Severity: wishlist

> I am including a list of 73 packages which happened to be installed on
> my laptop which contain a maintscript with the fragment:

>   # dh_installdeb will replace this with shell code automatically
>   # generated by other debhelper scripts.

> Maybe this is a debhelper bug?

What's wrong with that?  It's documentation in the version of the script
that's in the source package.  I have several packages with postinst
scripts that have sections like:

    # dh_installdeb will replace this with shell code automatically
    # generated by other debhelper scripts.

    #DEBHELPER#

"This" refers to the #DEBHELPER# token.

> In any case, I would like to request that lintian includes a check to
> ensure that new packages do not contain that text.

Please don't.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>