Jan Lübbe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi!
> Lintian shows this warning on my package:

> W: python-pysnmp2 source: build-depends-without-arch-dep python-dev
> N:
> N:   The control file lists the given package in Build-Depends, but no
> N:   architecture-dependent packages are built. If all the packages built
> N:   are architecture-independent, the only packages that should be listed
> N:   in Build-Depends are those required to run the clean target (such as
> N:   debhelper if you use dh_clean). Other build dependencies should be
> N:   listed in Build-Depends-Indep instead.
> N:
> N:   Refer to Policy Manual, section 7.6 for details.

> I have:

> Build-Depends: cdbs (>= 0.4.23-1.1), debhelper (>= 4.2.0), python-dev

> The package is build with cdbs and uses the python distutils. Cdbs calls
> 'python setup.py clean -a', which of course requires python-dev. Should
> i override this warning or is there a better solution?

The way that lintian tries to detect this case is by looking for a line
like:

    include /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/python-distutils.mk

in your debian/rules file.  If there's some other way to tell cdbs to use
Python, let me know and I'll definitely add it to lintian.  We're still
chasing down several more edge cases with these rules, as unfortunately
it's a bit complex to detect programmatically what is called during a
clean rule and what isn't.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>