Eric Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'm interested in adding some additional lintian checks (in this case,
> to verify conformance with the OCaml packaging policy).

> I was surprised to not find any packages providing "policy plugins" for
> Perl, Java, Emacs, etc., other than what's provided by lintian itself.

One of the goals of lintian is to always provide the same results no
matter where it's run from.  Because of that, we've avoided having checks
that aren't integrated in with lintian.

Is there any reason not to just include such checks in lintian proper?
They sound like a good idea to me.  :)

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>