Bernd Zeimetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Package: lintian
> Version: 1.23.41
> Severity: minor
>
> As quilt is used to deapply patches in the clean target usually, lintian
> should not suggest to move it to build-deps-indep while building an
> arch:all package.
>
> Just one random example:
> I: cython source: build-depends-without-arch-dep quilt

lintian already will allow (and even require) quilt to be in Build-Depends
because of this.  This looks like a specific problem with lintian's
understanding of this package, but cython doesn't appear to be in the
archive, so I can't check what's going on with it.

How is the debian/rules file written?  lintian looks for both the include
of the quilt makefile fragment and for calling quilt explicitly during the
clean target.

If you have any specific packages that have this problem that I can look
at, that would be greatly appreciated.  lintian should already be handling
this correctly and there isn't any general fix that I know how to apply
without more details.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>