Hey eznix, thank you for taking the time to reply.

Excatly, when I do not include these large file(s), the start job does not
appear and it boots normally.
Yes, I have experimented with boot appends like nouveau.modeset=0 or
blacklisting it outright, but the described behavior persists.

I have done some extensive testing, and these are my findings so far:

1.)Running lb-config with --apt-recommends false seems to solve this issue, so
it must be some recommended package at the root of it all. The downside of this
"fix" is that I can't login anymore after the iso boots, because the default
password/username aren't set up, correctly.

2.)Another way to get around this start job is to use
lb config --distribution sid --parent-distribution buster
With these options the start job still appears when including large files,
however it's gone within a matter of 1-2 seconds and you can boot/login
normally.

In summary, I have figured out ways to kind of circumvent the issue, but as
always, I would like to truly understand what exactly the problem is in order
to find a perfect fix for it. Otherwise it will just keep me up at night lol.