Hello,

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021, Michael . wrote:
> Now having said all that let me just ask you why would someone or
> "people" plural want to take on a task like this in Debian when Debian
> isn't fixing the problems it created.  Maybe if Debian acknowledged
> the  handling of the issue and made provisions to working on ways that
> would not create such a hostile situation again Debian may find some
> people who are willing to work with it but I'll just say I think it's
> unlikely that Debian has the ability or the desire to do that.

The regular flow of merge requests that are processed and live-build
uploads do not agree with your view of the situation.

live-build and its development community is in a relatively good shape but
we are lacking volunteers to care about the generation of release ISO for
the end users because all the current developers are using the tool for
their own need.

That kind of position with responsibilities requires some amount of trust
so it's not clear to me what are the requirements for the person that
would be volunteering (that is if she isn't a Debian developer already).

But maybe a call on d-d-a would be in order ?

Cheers,
--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀   Raphaël Hertzog <hert...@debian.org>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁