Hi Raphael
I'm going to start by saying you have my utmost respect with your work
on Live Build but let me just say you totally misunderstood my point.

I have no doubt the live build developer community works very well
together and that there are a meaningful amount of merge requests. I
get regular emails about updates to it so I am aware to a certain
degree of how much goes into keeping it a fully maintained collection
of software packages.

Having said the above paragraph I do not see how that makes my view of
the situation within Debian incorrect. When individuals have made
comments that they feel burned the indication is there is a cultural
problem within the organisation itself that has led to people feeling
burned. How/why did this happen? If Debian (the organisation) knows
how it happened what has, or is being ,done to fix it and stop it
happening again? Lets be honest live build is not the only thing that
Debian has had difficulty over in recent memory (you didn't quote that
part of my previous message for some reason you just decided to
discuss live build). So again I'll ask why would anyone take on
something like this until Debian made provisions to working on ways
that would not create such a hostile situation again? If people within
Debian are shying away from doing things because they feel burned why
would someone knowingly volunteer to put themselves in a position
where the same thing would happen to them? We are all human, we have
feelings and most "normal" people don't willingly put themselves in
harms way (even psychological harm).

I understand that some may disagree with me and that is their right
but from my vantage point Debian has a cultural problem that needs
fixing so others do not end up shying away from projects because they
don't want to be "burned".

Ignore my 2 cents worth if you wish but please understand my desire is
to offer constructive critique about a situation that has been brewing
for a few years now. It literally has nothing to do with merge
requests but everything to do with peoples feelings of being valued.

Regards.
Michael.