Hi,

> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 11:30:09AM +0100, Mathieu Parent wrote:
>>
>> See attached the backported patches for 3.6 (those are from the samba
>> bugzilla which is still embargoed).
>>
>> Please take care of it.
>>

> Hi Mathieu,
>
> I wanted to let you know that I had to make a minor tweak to patch 08/15
> in order to get the build to succeed on wheezy.  I wanted let everyone
> know in the event that I have missed something important and for general
> awareness.

Again, don't upload yet. We have 2 regressions (maybe 3) in jessie.

> I had to change this hunk:
[...]

Me too, I'm not a samba developer. If a patch doesn't apply, it's
because of one in debian/patches, or
maybe a requirement from 3.6.

debian wheezy is based on 3.6.6, while latest 3.6 is 3.6.25. Maybe the
first thing to do is to update to 3.6.25.

> The resolution for this one is not obvious to me.  I intend to dig into
> it, but if anyone has a suggestion, I welcome it.

Don't change the patches. They should apply cleanly.

Hope this helps.

--
Mathieu