Hi,

On 08/04/2019 21:56, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 08, 2019 at 09:51:19PM +0200, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
>> Recently I noticed that for a no-dsa (either for no-dsa or the
>> stronger ignored) as explanation was started to be used e.g. "not used
>> by any sponsor".

That sounds related to my triage of libpodofo today.

Firstly, as an aside, it seemed to me that <ignored> was not stronger,
but more precise than <no-dsa> (a "sub-state" as documented at
https://security-team.debian.org/security_tracker.html#issues-not-warranting-a-security-advisory
).
Let me know if you prefer we use <no-dsa>

>> If LTS is meant as Debian project, then I would suggest not to start
>> to use those formulations, which I think are fine for ELTS, which is a
>> dedicated project not on Debian directly. Saying something is not DSA
>> worthy or is going to be ignored, because it's not used by a LTS
>> sponsor will give a signal to others that indeed, Debian LTS is not a
>> generic Debian project.
> thanks for bringing this up. FWIW, I agree with you.
Secondly, being my first go at triaging, I looked at past triages, and
the first occurrence of "not used by any sponsor" is from last August,
so I believed that was a good reason to document it as an additional
reason (the main reason being it's a caught exception / basic DoS, not a
crash with memory overwrite & cie, plus a low popcon for Jessie).

But I'll leave that out from now on.

>> Just stick to "Minor issue" in such cases if something is not DSA
>> worthy because the issue is minor, but do not make it depdendent on if
>> a paying LTS sponsor is using it or not.
> (or dont mark it "Minor issue" if it's not minor. This should also
> hopefully make it more likely someone picks it up as a volunteer efford,
> eg when proofing one is captable of lts work...)

FWIW I like when we justify why it is minor.

Cheers!
Sylvain