Hi fellow LTS contributors

I have checked this CVE and my conclusions are as follows.
The CVE actually cover five different problems. I guess CVEs should not do
that, but it did anyway.

Quote from upstream:

Two were vulnerabilities in v3.0 involving the new
RSA::SIGNATURE_RELAXED_PKCS1 mode (which doesn't exist in 2.0)
Two were bugs in v3.0 involving the new RSA::SIGNATURE_RELAXED_PKCS1 mode
(which again, doesn't exist in 2.0)
One was a bug in v1.0, v2.0 and v3.0.

The bug refers to "We have also found incompatibility issue in phpseclib
v1, v2, v3 (strict mode)'s RSA PKCS#1 v1.5 signature verification suffering
from rejecting valid signatures whose encoded message uses implicit hash
algorithm's NULL parameter."

My conclusion is that one bug can be fixed. But I do not think it is a
security problem. The problem is that some signatures fail valid
signatures, if they are encoded in a special way.

What I have done is to mark the CVE as not-affected with a note about this.

Let me know if you think my analysis is correct.

I'm sending this to you all since I'm not 100% sure how to treat it.

Best regards

// Ola

|  o...@inguza.com                    o...@debian.org            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |