Andreas Tille <andr...@an3as.eu> writes:

> %:
>         dh $@

I've done that for most of my other packages, but it's not a good fit
for ncbi-tools6, whose build system is too idiosyncratic to get much
benefit from it. :-/ Its debian/rules file does still use dh to the
extent possible, though.

> In other words:  You are free to use either debhelper or cdbs but
> I think we should change policy to reflect the fact that cdbs is not
> our main preference but the goal are short debian/rules files (if it
> makes sense).

Makes perfect sense to me, and conveniently matches my own
preferences.  (I used cdbs extensively before migrating to dh.)

Thanks!

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?...@monk.mit.edu