Dear Saira,

On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 05:53:28PM +0100, Saira Hussain wrote:

> > You need not compile the package from the source in a usual way. A
> > proper way would be to build it using pbuilder or sbuild in a chroot
> > environment. If you have any problem with one of these packages, feel
> > free to ask here. I have just checked epcr on my computer (sbuild -d
> > sid) and the built has finished successfully, so I guess it should work
> > for you as well.
> Great. I followed your suggestion on doing that. I am entering a schroot and
> the running a debuild inside there! Thanks :)

By chance I'm stumbling about this sentence of yours (I was a bit
offline-ish last weekend).  Please do *not* enter a schroot *manually*
and than run anything.  You should either use pbuilder or sbuild.  Both
are quite equivalent tools (I prefer pbuilder since I always had trouble
to setup sbuild but may be that's just me) and do everything for you.

Please confirm once you have successfully used either pbuilder or sbuild
or tell us what kind of trouble you might face.

Hope this helps

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de