[2016-04-10 17:15] Jakub Wilk <jw...@debian.org>

> * Wookey <woo...@wookware.org>, 2016-04-10, 15:49:
> >>nmh installs it's binaries (~20) into /usr/bin/nmh.
>
> Actually it installs to /usr/bin/mh, ...

Sorry, my memory served me bad.

> >Are nmh and mmh intended to be co-installable? I presume that you want
> >one or the other, so making them conflict like MTAs would make sense.
>
> Conveniently, nmh already has Conflicts+Replaces+Provides for virtual
> package "mh". It would make sense to add the same C+R+P to mmh.

Ideally, they should be *co-installable*. This is wish (just a wish)
of mmh upstream and probably the right thing to do. I had to state it
more explicitly.

So, it is okay to use alternatives to manage /usr/bin/mh symlink (I
will need your cooperation, Jakub), but what about manpages?

Creating alternative for every manpage is too complicated. Is possible
to somehow create subdirectory /usr/share/man/man1/mh and have it
availiable to man? Seems, it will require rehashing of manpages database
every alternatives switch, though.

In general, any ideas how make them co-installable without too much pain
and FHS violation?

--
Accept: text/plain, text/x-diff