Thank you very much for your review Gianfranco. :)

On 10/08/16 11:31, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
> 1) really? what about don't care to wheezy anymore?

What do you mean? Should backports only be done for jessie now?

Here is the backstory: we (SWITCH) are providing Shibboleth packages
for Debian and Ubuntu to members of our community (universities and
high schools in Switzerland). We chose to support wheezy, jessie,
precise, trusty and xenial as you can see in our Shibboleth Service
Provider installation guide [1]. To this end, I'm already packaging
for all five distributions so why not have Debian benefit from it by
contributing backports at the same time? Also, I want our packages to
be closer to Debian's to 1) avoid version conflicts 2) reduce the
repackaging needed on our end.

[1] https://www.switch.ch/aai/guides/sp/installation/

> Did you get in touch with the maintainers? they seems active, one
> of them is a DM, and might be able to upload it for you if needed

Yes, I'm in touch with Ferenc Wágner. He wasn't able to upload that
package yesterday evening.

> 2)
>
> this looks wrong to me. the library has been renamed and
> conflicting with the non-v5 version, because of the libstdc++
> transition.
>
> backporting to jessie and wheezy (where the transition didn't
> happen), means you have to revert that change, because otherwise
> the package will be uninstallable with all of the reverse
> dependencies, because of: Package: libxml-security-c17v5
>
> Conflicts: libxml-security-c17, Replaces: libxml-security-c17,

Oh good catch! I'll revert the names to c17.

> 3)
>
> also, can the new patch be added to the package in unstable too? -
> * [aba87f7] New patch
> Remove-PKG_INSTALLDIR-to-build-with-older-pkg-config.patch
>
> is it a breaking and non-compatible with new pkg-config change?

I'll defer to Ferenc on that one.

> 4) dpkg-source: warning: failed to verify signature on
> /tmp/xml-security-c_1.7.3-3~bpo7+1.dsc
>
> dpkg-source: error: file /tmp/xml-security-c_1.7.3.orig.tar.gz has
> size 909320 instead of expected 897454
>
> please use the right orig tarball, thanks.

Will do at the next upload.

Should I increment the bpo revision for the next upload (bpo7+2)?

Cheers,
   Etienne