Dear Sean,

>1. Why do you have a folder full of patches, when you are the upstream
>author of 4Pane?  Have they been applied upstream, but there hasn't been
>a release of 4Pane recently?

Yes. They are implementing your previous suggestions. There hasn't been a
recent 4Pane release and, unless needed for debian packaging reasons, there
won't be one soon.

>DEP-3 has a patch header to indicate that
>they have been merged upstream, if this is indeed the case.

Thanks, I've now added 'upstream,' to the Origin: field.

>2. I see that w.r.t. 4pane/4Pane, you're using 4Pane wherever Debian
>policy permits you too.  Good idea.  The only thing I'm not sure about
>is the symlink from /usr/share/doc/4Pane to /usr/share/doc/4pane/html.
>It could be misleading, since Debian users expect /usr/share/doc/foo to
>give them a folder containing a changelog, a Debian changelog etc.  Why
>not link to /usr/share/doc/4pane?

IIUC the current situation is correct: the debian changelog etc files are in
/usr/share/doc/4pane/ as expected, while the symlink from /usr/share/doc/4Pane
to html/ allows the program to find its F1 help files (which can be accessed
outside the program using a doc-base reader).

If this is wrong please tell me.

Regards,

David Hart