On 11/11/2016 0826:45 AM, Christian Seiler wrote:
> pbuilder sets the home directory of the pbuilder user to /nonexistent
> to make sure that builds don't modify files in the home directory,
> which is forbidden by Debian Policy (for good reason builds are not
> supposed to change things outside the build directory).

Could you point me to this policy?  I'd like to learn more, but haven't
been able to find it.

Two probably naive questions:

1) Why? (I can imagine reasons, but don't want to assume that I know)

2) Is there a common pattern for handling upstream tests that break this
rule?  Maybe there's an alternative to disabling them?

Thanks,
Ross