Thanks all for your reply!

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 3:42 AM, James Cowgill <jcowg...@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 26/11/17 17:00, Roger Shimizu wrote:
>
>> The last test.sh script invokes the test, which creates local proxy
>> listen to 127.0.0.1:1081, and then it calls curl command to get index
>> page of google via local proxy, 127.0.0.1:1081.
>>
>> My local test shows all pass, while debian ci test [1] shows a
>> connection timeout message.
>> So I'm wondering whether debian ci support network activity, and how
>> can I configure the test to get it passed.
>
> I think you might need a "Restrictions: isolation-container" to get
> network access, but that's only a guess.

Thanks for the hint!

I find a supporting document [2], which state this flag is to allow
open network TCP ports.

[2] https://people.debian.org/~mpitt/autopkgtest/README.package-tests.html

However, I tried "Restrictions: isolation-container", but it still failed [3]

[3]
https://ci.debian.net/data/autopkgtest/unstable/amd64/s/shadowsocks-libev/20171201_180744/log.gz

So I'll try to use "Restrictions: isolation-machine" next.

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 5:36 AM, gregor herrmann <gre...@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 18:42:22 +0000, James Cowgill wrote:
>
>> > My local test shows all pass, while debian ci test [1] shows a
>> > connection timeout message.
>> > So I'm wondering whether debian ci support network activity, and how
>> > can I configure the test to get it passed.
>> I think you might need a "Restrictions: isolation-container" to get
>> network access, but that's only a guess.
>
> That's not my experience. We have quite a few perl packages where the
> tests do something networky and haven't experienced problems on
> ci.debian.net (modulo failing requests to external resources but
> that's of course a different story).

Maybe out bound network activity is OK, but not for open tcp port to
listen, as James said.

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 5:45 PM, gustavo panizzo <g...@zumbi.com.ar> wrote:

> I'd suggest to install apache as part of the tests and connect to
> localhost:80, that way it always works even if ci.debian.net moves to
> China or google goes down
>
> to test python-openstackclient; MySQL, RabbitMQ, Apache and others are
> installed, I haven't check its tests in a while but happy to help you

Thanks for your idea!
Maybe it'a a last resort, but I want to avoid currently.
It's too big for just a simple test.

And actually the package I'm try to make the test to work is helping
people to fight with censorship in mid- or far- east area.
So your example is not so proper IMHO.

Cheers,
--
Roger Shimizu, GMT +9 Tokyo