Dear mentors list,

I maintain a proxy application, shadowsocks-libev.
I want to let it pass debian ci test. And I already confirm the test
all passed on my local environment, and debomatic [0].
However it failed on debian ci infrastructure [1].

[0]
http://debomatic-amd64.debian.net/distribution#unstable/shadowsocks-libev/3.1.1+ds-1/autopkgtest
[1] https://ci.debian.net/packages/s/shadowsocks-libev/unstable/amd64/

For local test, it just need the commands below:

$ sudo apt install shadowsocks-libev curl dnsutils
$ git clone https://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/shadowsocks-libev.git
$ cd shadowsocks-libev
$ ./tests/test.sh

The last test.sh script invokes the test, which creates local proxy
listen to 127.0.0.1:1081, and then it calls curl command to get index
page of google via local proxy, 127.0.0.1:1081.

My local test shows all pass, while debian ci test [1] shows a
connection timeout message.
So I'm wondering whether debian ci support network activity, and how
can I configure the test to get it passed.

Thank you!
--
Roger Shimizu, GMT +9 Tokyo
PGP/GPG: 4096R/6C6ACD6417B3ACB1