El 14/1/20 a les 12:53, Andrey Rahmatullin ha escrit:
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 12:14:50PM +0100, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
>>> Sorry, are you saying you think it's fine for a package build process to
>>> modify the build host system?
>>
>> just to install some files and yes, I understand that it shouldn't.
> "just to install some files to /usr" is a serious modification.
Ok,

I have reread and yes, it's a serious to modify the build system. It
implies several important things.

>>> Because the package build process must not modify the build host system.
>>
>> yes, I agree.
> Then I don't know why do you still insist on doing just that.

because I'm very stubborn and I didn't understand the whole problem. Now
I have a clear idea that when you build a package YOU CANNOT BE ROOT

[...]

>> I'm working on a pbuilder, so I create it, build a package an destroy it, no
>> problem if the env is modified.
> I assumed you are creating a package for Debian, not for local use.
> Packages for Debian must follow the guidelines, whether they are built
> inside a disposable chroot or not. If you are making a package for local
> use please always mention that on deban-mentors resources.

yes, it's a debian package (octomap) I said it in the first email. Now I
have solved it modifying the CMake generated files [1].

Thanks for the patience. Sometimes to make clean packages seems an
obscure magic.

Leopold

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/octomap
Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia