Am 14.07.22 um 23:30 schrieb Vladimir Oltean:
frer/*.sh are BSD-3-clause licensed. Please add the license to d/copyright.

Interestingly, frer/*.sh are not intended to be distributed by the
Debian package. The repository grew from a bunch of shell scripts to
being dominated by a C program which largely incorporated what used to
be written in bash and python, and what's in the "frer" folder is what's
left of that. However these are not of interest to the Debian audience.
I think that the debian package only needs to state the copyright of
files that actually contribute to the software being distributed,
case in which I don't need to add BSD as a license, am I right?

From a legal perspective that would be okay. But the Debian Policy requires that
all distribution licenses of the source package are included in d/copyright, no
matter if they are included in the binary package.

The alternative is excluding the files from the origtargz but that should not be
done in this case.

While you might be the author of all the NXP copyrighted files, the file headers say
"Copyright 2019-2021 NXP".
We are more interested in Copyright statements than authorship because that is
what some licenses require to reproduce.

Please untag moreinfo from this bug when you have changed the copyright file
accordingly.

Ok, so the change I need to make is
s/2019-2021 Vladimir Oltean <vladimir.olt...@nxp.com>/2019-2021 NXP/,
right?