On Monday, October 17, 2022 5:13:21 PM MST Bastian Germann wrote:
> Building on amd64, the package builds completely but dh_auto_test fails:

> [Nfc_manager ] Unable to find any valuable Nfc_manager provider.
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'electrum.gui.kivy.nfc_manager' File
> "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/kivy/core/__init__.py", line 59, in
> core_select_lib mod = __import__(name='{2}.{0}.{1}'.format(

Upstream electrum has the option to integrate with NFC hardware wallets.  My
understanding is that this has never worked in Debian, possibly because the
version of Kivy that ships with Debian does not support it.  I believe the
current version of Electrum in Debian exhibits the same limitation.  I would
be interested in working with the correct people (upstream and Kivy
maintainers) to enable NFC support in a future package, but I was hoping to
make contact with the current Electrum maintainer (Tristan Seligmann) before
chasing down something potentially that invasive.  So far, Tristan has not
responded to my emails.

> dummy - ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'electrum.gui.kivy.nfc_manager'
> File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/kivy/core/__init__.py", line 59, in
> core_select_lib mod = __import__(name='{2}.{0}.{1}'.format(
>
> [INFO   ] [Window      ] Provider: sdl2(['window_egl_rpi'] ignored)
> [CRITICAL] [Window      ] Unable to find any valuable Window provider.
> (/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/kivy/lib/vidcore_lite/__init__.py) File
> "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/kivy/core/__init__.py", line 59, in
> sdl2 - RuntimeError: b'No available video device'

Electrum has the option to run on the command line or in a GUI (hence, the two
binary packages).  The command line scripts emit errors explaining that you
need a GUI if you try to use them to do functions that are GUI specific without
having a functioning window provider.  My guess is this error was produced
because hd_auto_tests tried to call one of these options.

--
Soren Stoutner
so...@stoutner.com