On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 10:50:10PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > This patch is a good idea -- fixed length buffers are rarely considered
> > user-friendly.  However, it is executed poorly; it's not ready for upstream
> > in its current state.
>
> Hi, thank you for the comment.
>
> I will stop to apply this patch until a better solution is found.

Quite late comment after working down my batch of unread mail:
The patch was *not* *only* to avoid fixed length buffers - it was
invented to stop mummer from *crashing*.  I do not remember the
case exactly nor do I find the data any more but I *clearly*
remember that we actually had example data which were causing
mummer to crash without the patch.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--