On Sat, 2013-10-05 at 00:02 -0300, Beco wrote:
> On 4 October 2013 22:56, Beco <r...@beco.cc> wrote:
> > Hi mentors,
>
> [snip]
>

> > I suppose that is all I have to do. But myapp still tells me
> > "permission denied".
>
> I got it working using something I was trying to avoid. SGID.
>
> chmod g+s mytouch

You shouldn't have to do this. Are you sure that you are in the games
group?, i.e. after adding yourself to the games group, did you logout
and login again?

As member of the games group on my Debian system I can co
  nano /var/games/<some-games-file>
without problems, and nano is certainly not SGID.

BTW: The freedesktop description Paul Wise linked to didn't talk about
the user being in the games group. The disadvantage of the user being in
the games group is of course that she can simple edit the highscore
file ;)

Cheers,
Gert