Hi Florian,

On Tue, Jan 07, 2014 at 11:34:24AM +0100, Florian Rothmaier wrote:
> It's great to hear that you are interested in packaging astronomy
> software. I'm an astrophysicist working at the University of Heidelberg,
> Germany, and I'm also packaging astronomical software.

Good.

> Since I try to manage several projects at the same time, my packaging
> work is going quite slowly. I'm maintaining a local APT repository
> which includes, for instance, a package of the "Aladin Sky Atlas"
> http://aladin.u-strasbg.fr/ .

Not so good.  Why not considering the official Debian repository to let
the world profit from your work and get bug reports to enhance your own
work?

> I'm not yet an experienced packager but if you have specific issues or
> questions, feel free to contact me. My current project is to package
> the Java libraries of the "starlink" people
> https://github.com/Starlink/starjava/
> and thereafter the applications TOPCAT and SPLAT that also belong to
> the "starlink" project.
> If you are interested in taking over some tasks of this packaging work,
> it would be a great pleasure for me.

It would be a great pleasure for the Debian Science team if you would
join as well to assemble all people working on astronomy packages on one
single place. :-)

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--