tag 913641 - moreinfo
retitle 913641 libreoffice-report-builder: report builder reports fail to run
after S8195874 in OpenJDK
thanks

Am 13. November 2018 13:13:09 MEZ schrieb Lionel Elie Mamane <lio...@mamane.lu>:
>On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 12:58:02PM +0100, rene.engelh...@mailbox.org
>wrote:
>> Am 13. November 2018 12:13:52 MEZ schrieb Lionel Elie Mamane
><lio...@mamane.lu>:
>>> Package: libreoffice-report-builder
>>> Version: 1:6.1.3-1
>>> Severity: normal
>
>> Huh, what? On a stable? Seriousl
>
>Yes, I'm dogfooding more recent version of LibreOffice. Seriously,
>that's how one gets early testers and bug reports before release.

Use testing or sid. Or use the backport. Installing sid packages per se on
stable is broken.

>>> Trying to run any report (a report builder one, not a legacy one)
>>> fails with error message:
>
>>> Can not activate the factory for
>>>
>org.libreoffice.report.pentaho.SOReportJobFactory$_SOReportJobFactory
>
>> I assume it's related to stables openjdk 8 update and the discussion
>> in https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/63118.
>
>Hmmm... Switching LibreOffice to use OpenJDK 7 solves that issue. I
>guess this confirms your assumption?

Yes.

>> Need to file a bug on openjdk...
>
>Not clear if you are saying I need to do it, or you need to do it. I
>don't quite understand the issue, you do, so I assume you will, you
>will be able to explain to the Java package maintainers the issue?

I will do, yes.

>Please CC me, I'd like to be educated on that.

The Gerrit discussion explains it..openjdk doesn't honour some classpath
specifications anymore so stuff is simply not found.

>>> ii  openjdk-8-jre [java6-runtime]  8u181-b13-2~deb9u1
>
>> This is probably the cause What happens with the old openjdk 8 on
>> stretch or openjdk 11.0.1+13?
>
>Downgrading to 8u171-b11-2 makes this problem disappear.

Ok, that also confirms it...

Regards,

René