On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 06:40:06PM -0800, Anton Cohen wrote:
>    On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 13:13:09 +0100 Lionel Elie Mamane
>    <[1]lio...@mamane.lu> wrote:
>    > Downgrading to 8u171-b11-2 makes this problem disappear.
>    Except 8u171-b11-2 (and all 8u171 builds) was removed from the pool for
>    stretch today.

Yeah.

>    It is very broken that stretch doesn't have any working Java package in
>    apt repos (except in openjdk-11 in stretch-backports).
>    I realize this isn't a libreoffice package issue, but it seems
>    like #911925 is being ignored.

There was a longish IRC discussion yesterday, it simply boils down to
backporting the follow-up commit they did for 11 also to the 8 package
which has only the initial fix.

Trying to fix this via stable-proposed-updates in LibreOffice could
theoretically be possible but it would be a big change in every jar
LibreOffice ships and also then sit in proposed-updates until whenever
the next stable update is. Thus I think openjdk should get a regression
update via -security.
But that's in the realm of the security team and the openjdk
maintainers, not mine...

Regards,

Rene