On 19/03/18 22:33, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2018, Daniel Pocock wrote:

>>> don't call it debian.
>>>

>> I met with Dashamir in Tirana and had a brief look at what he tried to
>> do with Github.
>>
>> He has put a lot of time and thought into this and while it is not what
>> many mentors want to use, I feel that it is also really important in an
>> outreach program to assume that many of the people coming into the
>> program, which may include both students and mentors, have exposure to a
>> wide range of tools and may consider upgrading to things that are more free.
>>
>> This thread is one of the reasons I created the wiki page mentioned in
>> another thread, but I feel it can also provide some closure for this
>> thread and help in future rounds:
>>
>> https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Outreach/Tools
> That doesn't change anything about that thing not being "Debian".

I'm completely in agreement with you

On the other hand, I've given several talks recently where I've reminded
people they are free to create "Daniel Pocock" profiles on Facebook and
Twitter.  We can't control what people do on other platforms, we can
only try to celebrate what is great about our own.

Regards,

Daniel