On 09/08/18 00:57, Lucas Kanashiro wrote:

> I do not know if you understood what I was saying... I am not arguing
> that people that do not maintain packages do not worthwhile (I know the
> Debian constitution). I was claiming that even mentors can be newcomers
> in our project, and if want to keep them tighten to our community, a
> conference such as Debconf is the right place.

Yes, I fully agree we need to make it easy for people to attend Debian
events and events where Debian has a stronger presence (reminder: the
DPL offers[1] USD 100 to anyone for travel to a BSP, contact[2] him for
details)

For the summit, however, we still need to decide whether to use some or
all of the criteria that have come up or just to fall back on the
previous algorithm: randomly pick from those people who never attended
the summit before.

>From what I can see, there are now 6 candidates (Dashamir, Lucas,
Jaminy, Urvika, Chirayu, Milena) and none of them attended before, is
that correct?

To tweak the previous algorithm to ensure diversity, we could start by
randomly selecting one of the 3 women and then make a random selection
from the remaining 5 candidates.  As Molly is the only remaining person
named in the last delegation, perhaps we can ask her to roll the dice?

Regards,

Daniel

1. https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2018/07/msg00003.html
2. https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DPL/Reimbursement#Who_will_reimburse_you