On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 at 18:41:08 +0100, Tony Houghton wrote:
> The Creative Commons licenses are quite popular for non-code files and
> at least some of them are acknowledged to be DFSG-compatible since 3.0.
> <https://wiki.debian.org/DFSGLicenses> only explicitly lists CC-BY-SA,
> but I believe at least the more permissive CC-BY is also compatible.
>
> I think it would be helpful to add the texts for these to
> /usr/share/common-licenses so that they don't have to be included in
> the copyright files of multiple packages.

As I noted in <https://bugs.debian.org/768292#90>, one practical issue with
this is that CC-BY-3.0 and CC-BY-SA-3.0 do not actually identify a unique
license. The license files would have to be something more like
CC-BY-SA-3.0-US.

adwaita-icon-theme, the package that prompted me to open that bug,
appears to need CC-BY-SA-3.0-US, CC-BY-SA-3.0-Unported,
CC-BY-SA-2.0-IT and CC-BY-3.0-US. Thankfully, the 4.0 series of licenses
only seem to have an International version, although I don't know whether
that will remain true forever.