On Mon, Jul 09, 2018 at 03:53:43PM +0100, Sean Whitton wrote:
On Mon 09 Jul 2018 at 03:16PM +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:

Thanks for the pointer. I've run it, but I had to make a minor
adjustment because it was undercounting: the DEP-5 rules are such that
a a version suffix 4.0 and 4 are equivalent. Adjusting the regexps
(for CC 4.0 only. not any other licenses) results in the
following. (I've added newlines to emphasise the two CC 4.0 licenses
in question)

Patches would be welcome!

Sure: https://salsa.debian.org/jmtd/policy/merge_requests/1

(MR #1? Wow)

In general it does indeed seem that this not yet ready for a bug against
debian-policy.

Yeah. I'll ping you again if I think I have a convincing argument around
preventing a common copyright error (if I can show it is common)

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland