On Sat, Aug 05, 2017 at 11:01:41AM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > > Nowadays orphaning is done by reuploading the package with the
> > > maintainer set to the QA group rather than using a O: wnpp bug.
> > Huh?
>
> See:
> https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch05.html#orphaning
Sure.
"You should set the package maintainer to Debian QA Group
<packa...@qa.debian.org> and submit a bug report against the pseudo
package wnpp. The bug report should be titled O: package -- short
description indicating that the package is now orphaned."
Besides, while it doesn't imply you shouldn't make an upload that only
changes the maintainer (unlike 5.9.5. Adopting a package), I think it's
the usual practice to not make such upload.

--
WBR, wRAR