Hi,

Markus Koschany wrote:

> I would like to argue that disk space is no longer an issue in 2017 and
> people with special needs (embedded systems) will most likely remove
> /usr/share/common-licenses anyway.

I agree: space on installation media and network transfer time are more
important than disk space these days.

>                                    Thus the more DFSG-licenses we
> install into /usr/share/common-licenses the more time can be saved for
> more important issues than quoting licenses.

I'm confused.  Can you explain your workflow a little more?

I wouldn't expect using upstream's LICENSE file to take significantly
more time than replacing it with a pointer to common-licenses.  I'd
actually expect it to take more time.

If all we care about is maintainer time spent, then we should
eliminate common-licenses.

Puzzled,
Jonathan