On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 07:59:15PM +0100, Markus Koschany wrote:
> No, this is entirely about our most precious resources: time and human
> beings
>
> You also have to format the license in such a way that it complies with
> copyright format 1.0. For instance that means you have to put dots on
> every empty line. You can make a simple experiment: Take a stopwatch,
> find a plain-text version of this license on the internet, format the
> file according to copyright format 1.0 and stop the time. Then stop the
> time how long it takes to write this:
>
> License: [AGPL-3+]

The time will be about the same. The real time is spent look at all the
source files checking whether they do not carry different licences or license
grants that the main file, which is actually very common, for example
aclocal.m4. (yes, the ftp masters do that).

Otherwise we could write a script to generate the copyright file.

In any case, before going farther with this we need a run of
tools/license-count.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballo...@debian.org>