Hideki Yamane <henr...@iijmio-mail.jp> writes:
> Russ Allbery <r...@debian.org> wrote:

>>     Licenses will be included in common-licenses if they meet all of the
>>     following criteria:

>  How about just pointing SPDX licenses URL for whole license text and
>  lists DFSG-free licenses from that? (but yes, we should adjust short
>  name of licenses for DEP-5 and SPDX for it).

Can we do this legally?  If we can, it certainly has substantial merits,
but I'm not sure that this satisfies the requirement in a lot of licenses
to distribute a copy of the license along with the work.  Some licenses
may allow that to be provided as a URL, but I don't think they all do
(which makes sense since people may receive Debian on physical media and
not have Internet access).

--
Russ Allbery (r...@debian.org)              <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>