Hello,
I am still investigating the problem about kernel not booting on
powerbook. I compiled many kernel versions and found the problem starts
with 5.6 since 5.4.50 boots correctly.

Now, I would like to better follow the boot process, looking for what
is done after the cpufreq driver setup.
I cannot use the netconsole since the ethernet driver is not yet loaded
when the boot process hangs. I already created a .config that include
only a reduced set of kernel parts, but it is still quite large, of
course.

I would like to start knowing what is called after the cpufreq. How do
I find it? I know that drivers/cpufreq/pmac32-cpufreq.c has an __init
marked function and it is not compiled as a module. I understood that
such marked function will be discarded once boot is complete, but I
suspect somewhere a part of the kernel load all __init marked
functions. Is this correct? Where is it?

Thank you,
Giuseppe