Hello Atsuhito. Thank you for your report.

On Fri 20 Oct 2017 at 09:30:09 +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

> Package: cups
> Version: 2.2.5-2
> Severity: normal
>
> Dear Maintainer,
>
>    * What led up to the situation?
> After upgrading to 2.2.5, I can't set up a printer with
> cups because cups failed to recognize driver of CP310dm.
> CP310dm is a (japanese model,perhaps) printer of FujiXerox.

Do you mean "CP310 dw"? This printer:

 http://news.fujixerox.com/image_library/detail/_imgid_000316/

What do you mean by "failed to recognize driver of CP310dm"?

>    * What exactly did you do (or not do) that was effective (or
>      ineffective)?
> Downgrading to 2.2.4-7 fixed the problem.
>
>    * What was the outcome of this action?
>    * What outcome did you expect instead?
> I expect cups 2.2.5 should recognize CP310dm.
>
> Thanks for your maintenance.

There is a PPD for your printer in /etc/cups/ppd. Please run the
commands (as root)

 cupsfilter -p <fujixerox_PPD> -m printer/foo -e /etc/nsswitch  2>log.stretch
 cupsfilter -p <fujixerox_PPD> -m printer/foo -e /etc/nsswitch  2>log.unstable

on stretch and an updated unstable.

Attach log.stretch and log.unstable to your next mail to the bug
report.

Regards,

Brian.