On Fri 27 Oct 2017 at 10:58:37 +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

[...]

> > What do you mean by "failed to recognize driver of CP310dm"?
>
> I got printer driver (fxlinuxprint_1.1.2-1_amd64.deb)
> from FujiXerox site; http://www.fujixerox.co.jp/download/eng/
> (in fact, I accessed a Japanese page of it).
> It installed /usr/share/ppd/FujiXerox/fxlinuxprint.ppd.gz

Thanks. There is a .deb which appears to be ok (but see below).

> When I installed CP310 with cups (web interface), I selected
> PPD and a file fxlinuxprint.ppd.gz. But after installation,
> cups shows a printer driver of CP310 as "Local Raw Printer".
> And, of course, I can't print with CP310.

Which is why there isn't any PPD in /etc/cups/ppd. I haven't looked
closely at the cause.

> > There is a PPD for your printer in /etc/cups/ppd. Please run the
> > commands (as root)
> >
> >  cupsfilter -p <fujixerox_PPD> -m printer/foo -e /etc/nsswitch
> > 2>log.stretch
> >  cupsfilter -p <fujixerox_PPD> -m printer/foo -e /etc/nsswitch
> > 2>log.unstable
> >
> > on stretch and an updated unstable.

For stretch: cupsfilter: Unable to determine MIME type of "/etc/nsswitch".

There is something wrong with your CUPS installation (or the file
itself). I've never seen this in normal operation. It indicates that
a simple text file will not be printed. Try to rectify this with

 apt-get --reinstall install cups-daemon
 apt-get --reinstall install cups-core-drivers

to install the package versions of mime.types and mime.convs in
/usr/share/cups/mime.

> > Attach log.stretch and log.unstable to your next mail to the bug
> > report.
>
> I update cups 2.2.5-2 and set CP310 but it seems there is
> no corresponding PPD in /etc/cups/ppd/
>
> $ LANG=C ls -l /etc/cups/ppd/
> total 80
> -rw-r----- 1 root lp 24814 Oct 17 08:59 CP310_dw.ppd
> -rw-r----- 1 root lp 24814 Oct 17 08:59 CP310_dw.ppd.O
> -rw-r----- 1 root lp 10713 Oct 13 06:52 ipsio.ppd
> -rw-r----- 1 root lp 10705 Jul 24 07:12 ipsio.ppd.O
>
> I guess CP310_dw is a PPD when I installed cups 2.2.4-7.
> So I can't generate log.unstable and attatch only log.stretch.
> If I misunderstand anything, please let me know.

You could have used CP310_dw.ppd; the PPDs on stretch and unstable are
identical.

Remove the .deb you downloaded from fujixerox and install the package
printer-driver-fujixerox from the Debian archives. It also comes from
fujixerox but it puts files in the right places on the system. Set up
the printer as before. This works for me to get a printable version
of nsswitch.

Cheers,

Brian.