Ansgar <ans...@debian.org> writes:

> So what is the "I wish I could say I would have charged against him"
> supposed to suggest to the reader?

That sentence struck me as one where there is a very high probability
that a "not" was missed out in error, as a result of the intensity of
the feelings being expressed.  The reason I say that is because it
doesn't quite make sense as it is, whereas it would make a lot more
sense if it were:

  "I wish I could say I would would have charged against him"

If it were meant as you were reading it, there really is no need for the
bit about "wishing".  One could just say:

  "I would have...".

That being the case, I suggest you check that what you're complaining
about wasn't just a typo.

While you're about it, you could also check what prompted you to go on
the offensive against someone that was already obviously upset.  It
really doesn't reflect well on you, and it is absolutely certain not to
help anyone.

Cheers, Phil.