Martin Steigerwald - 23.03.22, 08:54:12 CET:
> Jonathan Carter - 23.03.22, 07:38:02 CET:
> > On 2022/03/22 22:01, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > > In his latest post, Norbert wrote:
> […]
>
> > I agree that his posts aren't appropriate for planet (I didn't pay
> > close attention but noticed at least one post recently where he
> > blames politics for not being part of Debian anymore). And I think
> > blaming DAM when they only did their job on planet is quite horrible
> > too.
>
> I do not agree. Neither with the removal of his blog from Debian
> Planet, nor with the removal of this Debian developer status.
>
> But I do not see a chance to convince anyone here.
>
> So I leave it at stating my disagreement. I hope this much is still
> allowed here.

I have basically almost given up on Debian. To the point that I
considering discontinuing maintenance of my packages and let somebody
else take over (orphaning and adopting are inappropriate words for that,
those packages are not children – this IMHO is much more inappropriate
than using master as a term, although I'd indeed avoid slave).

I consider large parts of Debian to be a toxic environment to me, where
I always have to fear being attacked for just expressing my point of
view. And I disagree with double standards. Some may express their point
of view without being attacked, others may not. Regardless of whether
their language is respectful or not. At least that has been my
experience in the last years.

So if anyone likes to take over fio or fsmark, let me know, and I may
just hand them over.

--
Martin