On Sep 10, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Moshe Zadka writes:
> > I was wondering if you mind passing Python 1.5 maintainership to me.
>
> I do not mind passing the maintainership, but I do mind keeping it in
> unstable. Debian is not a museum for old python versions. What hinders
> you to install the python1.5 packages from woody in unstable? apt
> tagging is your friend.

Well, two problems I can see:

1. Woody will eventually go away to archive.debian.org land, not long
   after sarge is released.

2. There are woody Python packages that want libdb1, which disappears
   from libc6 in sid/sarge.

I agree we shouldn't keep it around forever, but it seems like as long
as people are using python1.5 with post-woody we should keep it.

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Computer Systems Manager, Physics and Astronomy, Univ. of Mississippi
125B Lewis Hall - 662-915-5765