* Raphael Hertzog ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [060619 19:31]:
> a last remark/discussion. Given that the XS-Python-Version field is no
> more required, I think it shouldn't be mentionned as part of the official
> policy but only as example on how to implement the policy with the help of
> python-central.
>
> I will update the wiki page as soon as the updated packages
> reach unstable: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPython/NewPolicy

Sorry, but I really disagree very much. We shouldn't have two vastly
different ways to do it.

Either, XS-Python-Version is the right thing. Than it should be in
policy.

Or there is another good mechanismn. Then it shouldn't be in policy.

But - it should be uniform across source packages. The new dak headers
were explicitly mentioned in Mexico, and there was more than one reason
to add them.  If we want to drop them again, we really should discuss
them here, and speak about the reasons we had in Mexico to accept them.
And, I don't think that "they're no more required" right now - just
dh_python could live without them. And I really want further discussions
before jumping to conclusions.

Cheers,
Andi
--