On Sat, 28 Mar 2009, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:

That is, you're now shipping some modules in a private location

This is what I understood as recommendation in #516037.

(usr/share is
not in PYTHONPATH), so they are not found when you try to import them.

You could ship Gnumed in /usr/share/gnumed/Gnumed and append /usr/share/gnumed
to PYTHONPATH in /usr/bin/gnumed (that seems to work fine here,

I tried to implement your suggestion (see last commit in SVN) but it
does not work for me.  I really wonder how this new python-support stuff
really works.  It installs *.pyc files in the same location as the
*.py files - how can this work for different Python versions?

In the first releases of gnumed-client package I used Gnumed.pth but
dropped this since I used python-support (version 0.3.x).  Does this
mean I might use this again?

but I got an
error that mx.DateTime can't be imported, so you probably need to depend on
python-egenix-mxdatetime).

This would be the slightest problem ...

Kind regards

     Andreas.