On Friday, March 18, 2011 10:23:05 pm Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Today's mail on XB-Python-Version motivates me to send out an overdue call
> for inputs on further changes to the Python policy.  I know that needs to
> go.
>
> What else needs doing?
>
> Personally I'd like to concentrate on getting policy for Python 3 to the
> point that it's possible to produce a correct module or extension package
> based on what's in the policy without explicitly requiring a helper of any
> kind.  I think dh_python3 is the right helper to have and it's good to use
> it, but I think policy should fully describe what someone needs to do.
> I'd particularly appreciate inputs from everyone on this topic.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott K

I went through and did a bit of clarification plus added more Python 3
specifics.  I don't think it will be controversial.  You can find the proposed
diff here:

http://alioth.debian.org/scm/loggerhead/pkg-python/python-defaults-
debian/revision/200

Comments welcome/encouraged, plus additional changes.

Scott K